The idea of a different kind, tables and the convenience of their use, is familiar to us from the course of secondary school. They can be used in their daily work by automating the compilation process using a special program. Read our guide: “Excel for Dummies” – and try to create your first Excel spreadsheet.
Using cells to enter information
The basis for any Excel document is a table consisting of cells, each of which serves as the basis for specific information. Filling the cell is as follows:
One click on the cursor on it – entering new information;
Double click – change, add or correct existing information in it.
Pressing at the top of the window – the address, name or formula will be displayed (if the cell is involved in calculations)
To set additional options for a particular cell, use the context menu. It is called by right-clicking on it, you can format it or change the name.
Cell “share of shares”, using the panel, set the address of the location – A3. Since there are no formulas in this cell, there is no information about them.
Excel provides users with an opportunity to find the information that interests them in a simplified order. This function facilitates the work and shortens the processing time.
Consider the existing table. Before the user, the task is to distribute the available data for January in ascending order. Reprint the table in the right sequence – a time-consuming and ineffective process. Here are the steps that will help to accomplish the work in the shortest possible time:
- a specific information block is allocated;
- opens the tab data;
- click Sort;
- in the opened table choose the column with the interesting period – January;
- type of sorting by value;
- order – in ascending order;
- confirmation of the operation;
- Similarly sorting by any other parameters is carried out – color, font, alphabetical order.
Use of mathematical calculations
One of the main advantages of the Excel is the independent automated execution of mathematical calculations.
We have cells with the values 2 and 17. In the third cell, we need to bring the result, without making calculations by the user. The operation is as follows:
- click on the third cell intended for the final result;
- activate the value of the function f (x);
- choose the action necessary for the application, SUM – sum, AVERAGE – average value;
- in the example it is necessary to find the sum – SUM;
- in the window f (x) open the value – NUMBER 1, NUMBER 2;
- cell with the number 2, register its address in NUMBER 1;
- cell with the number 17, register its address in NUMBER 2;
- confirm the action and get the final result;
- If it is necessary to perform actions with a large number of components, prescribe the addresses of their cells in NUMBER 3, 4 and so on.
Creating a table
Excel tables are used to store any information. With the help of settings, you can set up a system for monitoring and accounting for your personal budget, digital data for reports or tracking expenses.
Tables can be made of any size. The presence of a data panel makes it easy to fill in and edit the available data. The finished table is easily copied to the docx file using the insert function. To create a table, you can use the following instructions:
- a table or a summary table;
- with the cursor allocates space under the table on the sheet, in addition it is possible to enter data in the window of the created element;
- Ok to confirm the action.
In the “style” item, the appearance of the table is formatted. A suitable template and color gamut the user chooses at his own discretion.
The resulting table contains the available data and information.
Each cell of the table can be configured for its type of information, the window has options for creating different contours and sizes.
Entering diagrams and graphs
The construction is carried out in an already finished table. The information for them is taken from the cells. For creating:
- select the table or the required cell;
- in the Insert tab, select the most appropriate icon, which are presented in various forms and configurations;
- after clicking the selected object, a diagram appears on the sheet;
- To change the shape of the resulting diagram, double-click the cursor on it. There will be an automatic transition to the designer menu, where you can change the configuration, color, type, make additional data.
Point charts and images are entered in the table in the same way. Elements can be entered in Word format documentation.
To study other excel features, we recommend you to learn in practice the methods of information and design that are presented in the article, which are the basis for beginners. In the future, for you it will not be difficult to apply more complex elements and master the construction of complex constructors.
Use your knowledge in everyday life, making the necessary data and getting the result in an automatic mode.